Sunday, December 13, 2009

Is Stevioside safe as an ingredient in lip balm?

Stevioside is in my lip balm but the FSA says it's not safe and can't be sold as a food or foodstuff in the UK or EU. Does anyone know anything about it? ThanksIs Stevioside safe as an ingredient in lip balm?
It isnt approved for a reason, I would not use it and would complain to the makers that they are using it in their product;Is Stevioside safe as an ingredient in lip balm?
Here is how I determine those kinds of ingredients. If I cannot eat it then NO. What is stevioside even made from. I am sure they have produced yet another unstable substance.
It is a high intensity sweetener so probably in your lip balm to make it palatable.





Seeing as it has failed toxicology tests I would be mildly concerned but at the same time I doubt you would ingest enough in your lip balm to create any serious problem for yourself.





Of course, if in doubt - boot it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles